Sunday, March 15, 2009

Boulter trouBle

Wanna hear a funny story? This is about my last name. Some of you may already know this because I mentioned it on a note on Facebook. But for those of you that still live in 2002, and either dont know what Facebook is, OR still have chosen not to "drink the punch", here is the story for the first time.
When Tyler and I got married, someone (and I still dont know who) gave us some blocks with letters on them. One day I was going through the loot that we gathered, and came across this gift. I pulled the blocks out, looked at them, and quite honestly I thought....."Well, this is kind of a dumb gift..." (So sorry if the gift giver is reading this) I could only tell that the blocks spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. Um, ok.....why would someone have the idea that we are trouble? Do they think that we arent going to last? (HA, IN YOUR FACE, 10 YEARS LATER) Whatever, they are kind of cute. So I put them on our entertainment center. About 3 1/2 years later, my mom was over visiting me at our apartment. She just casually said "Oh, that is cute, those blocks spell trouble too". Just as I am about to tell her that I didnt know who gave them to us and why they would call our holy union "trouble", I stopped and thought "she said TOO." So I looked at her and said "huh"? And she said "That is cute that BOULTER spells TROUBLE too." OH MY GOSH!!! I looked at my mom and just started laughing. I coudnt stop. She looked at me with a very perplexed look on her face. And I told her the story. For over 3 years, it NEVER occured to me that those blocks spelled my new last name. And in MY defense (I know, I am grabbing on to ANYTHING that I can) no one else ever mentioned anything. So they didnt figure it out either. Nor did my husband, and he had that last name for 24 years!!! AND, I have never had a last name the so obviously spelled out another word. See, I said OBVIOUSLY. I am sure that Schmidt spells out into something else....but its going to take some work. Try it, let me know what you come up with. So that is pretty much the main reason why I have titled our blog page as Boulter Trouble. Oh, and I want to thank my Mom for not letting me live this down, even 7 years later. XOXOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. ok, that is a FUNNY story! I love it :) welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?