Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Is this thing on...??

Migraines.....I dot get them much. And when I do, I can generally intercept them in time. It starts with a little twinge in my vision. If I can get something into my system then, then I should be ok.

Today was different.

But, what matters is it is gone now. Whew!

So, did I ever tell you how funny Grace is? If you know her, you may have an idea. Even if you don't, you may have an idea through someone who does.

We kind of having a running joke in our little family because of a comment Grace made late one night.

Grace and I sometimes have "Sleep overs". It is when she sleeps on her floor and I sleep on her bed. Well, one night we were having one of these. She has the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling and a lava lamp in her room (among LOADS of toys she never uses, but clutter the floor). So the soft light coming from the two was nice.

I cant even remember what I was thinking, but it was something that I thought was funny. 

So I ask Grace as I am looking up at the ceiling.... "Grace, ya know what's funny?" (With a chuckle)

And with out skipping a beat and no emotion on her face, or in her voice, what-so-ever, she replies.............

"Midgets"


I laughed and laughed and laughed.
Grace? Well, she sat there, still, no emotion on her face. More like she was pondering the question and then her answer.

So, to this day, whenever Grace asks me or Tye. "Hey, know what's funny?"..... Yup....."MIDGETS" we say.



K, I am super excited about the end result of this:

On Monday evening as we were eating a fabulous gourmet dinner of Hot Dogs and BBQ beans, our doorbell rang. Well, it was one of two people. Graces friend that is our neighbor, or our neighbor that we lovingly call Grandpa, from across the street. 
I answer the door.....neither.

It was a cute younger boy....say 18 or so. He was wondering if we wanted to try their dairy home delivery. 
Well, let me tell you.....I have been wanting to do this forever!! But apparently, it is WAY more inconvenient for me to call them up than it is for me to go to freaking Wal-Mart 3 times a week. I know you feel me.
Anyway, this was for a dairy that is out of Morgan. A small family owned business. I like that idea and I am willing to buy what you are selling. Plus, it is all organic!

So, after I gave him the complicated order of:
 1/2 Gallon of 1% and 1/2 gallon of 2 % every other week, a dozen eggs every other week, but not on the same week of the milk, 2 lb bag of shredded cheese once a month, and a 1 lb block of colby jack once a month, but not on the same week of the shredded cheese or the eggs....

My husband offered him a hot dog. 
He paused for about 1/2 second and replied- " I would love a hot dog...." 
Quite honestly, I was waiting for him to say "But I cant accept food from a kind and gracious client"..... Or... "But I really have to get going...."
He continued with "I have been doing this for 2 years, and no one has ever even offered me a drink!" Well, my dear, The Boulters arent "no one" :)

I was so happy that he accepted our offer for a hot dog. My husband is pretty cute. Actually, he is pretty smokin' hot.

So, we get him his hot dog, and he says he can go get a 1/2 gallon of milk for us to sample for $1.00. Ok. Sounds great. "Have you any chocolate milk?" I ask. (Well, not just like that)
"yeah, I will get you some of that too"

So he comes back with those and I notice that there is another boy in the milk van. 

I ask our new little friend if the other one would like a hot dog as well.
He yells across the street to him, he gets out and starts walking over. 

"Yes", he says. "I would love one."

Then I got his order.

Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Cheese, Onion and Tomato.

Oh La la....a man after my own hot Dog heart. That is EXACTLY how I like them.

So I go into my kitchen to get him one....
Problem- The hot dogs that we cooked are gone....
Solution- There are more in the fridge and the grill takes only a minute.

I just told him that I was reheating it on the grill

Then, I went for the hot dog buns.....
Problem- There were no more in the bag!!!
Solution- Used the one that dropped on the floor. IT WAS ONLY FOR 3 SECONDS!! I COUNTED!! However, with everything that I was putting on the hot dog, he would be none the wiser....

So I get the hot dog ready for him and take it to him. And he was so grateful, and so smiley.
They were such cute young men. Really. Actually, the second one was kinda hot. And he even had braces!! I bet he was about 22 or 23...... which means when I was his age...he was..... 9 or 10..!!! Ew, Ew, EW!!....Nevermind......no hotness there. 

I just have cute little milk men now. 




-Alisa



** This is in no way is meant to be insensitive to little people, or milkmen, or little people that are milkmen. So if you choose to be offended, ok."**

P.S.- I decided that I HATE Phineus and Pherb WAY more than I hate Spongebob.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I loved your story, even though I have heard the midget one before. I totally agree with you, I HATE Phineous and Pherb...however you spell it. Riley always watches it and it is freakin retarded! I hear ya sista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. Tell me again why you dont write books. YOu need to tell me more stories that make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?