Monday, November 23, 2009

This is not a pretty post.
So if you cant handle hearing about animals ACCIDENTALLY getting hurt, you may want to leave.

So yesterday was a yummy day.
Cold outside, warm inside. House clean (somewhat), Grace watching movies, and I am trying on a few sugar free/starch free thanksgiving recipes.

I had like 7 candles burning in the house. It smelled good.

It started snowing at about 4. It was nice. It was pretty.
Later I decided I needed to get a few things at the store. So Grace and I got in the car.
We went to the store, turned in all her change for a small fortune($112.00!!), got what I needed, and went back to the car.
HOLY HELL!
It snowed ALOT in the 45 minutes we were in the store. My car was covered.
Well, we start home.
I am passing the movie theater, and suddenly my car is all CLUNK-WHAP-CRACK-WHOMP-KUPLUNTH-KUBLUNK

WHAT THE..........????????!!!!!!!!!!

I slowed down.
I could not see out of my back window, because of the snow.
So, I look in my side mirror.
I could not see anything.
Then... I could see something (mind you, I am pulled over, and looking behind me with my side mirror)through the lights of the cars far off in the road. Limping.
Its a dog.
A big dog. A Lab or a Retreiver.
"OH NO" I yell.
Grace says "What Mom? WHAT?"
"I just totally hit a dog. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot." (PG version)
((Just a thought that entered my mind now.....why am I saving the PG version for you...those who choose to read this, adults...rather than being PG with my daughters 7 year old ears....THAT is an AH HA moment for me. I will do better. ))

Ahhhh....I need to go back and make sure it doesnt get hit again. Poor dog. DAMNIT!! Ugh.
Ok.
So, I turn around.
Going slow.
Snowing like CRAZY!!
I cant see well at all.
Where is it?
I dont see....CLUNK-CRACK-THUD-THUNK-WOMP.....
SHIT!
SHIT!
SHIT!
SHIT!

I JUST HIT THE DOG AGAIN!!!!

I AM NOT LYING!!
I went to go check on the dog that I hit, get it out of the road, see if it has tags, whatever I can do.....AND I HIT IT AGAIN!!!!

So I pulled over...AGAIN.
Rolled down my window. I cant see it.
I cant see it anywhere.
Then I call my husband and yell to him... "I JUST HIT A DOG.....TWO TIMES!!"

"What, you hit two dogs?!"

Now as bad as it is to hear about or to actually hit a dog....that may have sounded better....hitting 2 different dogs.

"NO, THE SAME FREAKING DOG"!!!!

Oy.

So then I look again, and I can see it lying in the road.
I tell Tye I am going to go see if it can get up. Then I look again, and no lie, it was gone.

Where the hell did it go?

Tye says, "Alisa, JUST GO HOME!!"

There was no way in hell I was going to turn back around on that road to go home.
So I went through the neighborhood.
I couldn't hit the dog 3 times!!!

So, I call Animal Control, and tell them about it. They said they would go out there.
Grace asked me if I was going to have to go to Dog Court and talk to Priest.
I think she meant Judge.

I was so afraid to go past there today and see fur or blood on the road this morning.

But there was none.

I am sorry doggy.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like that hound was suicidal, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dumb dog.
    I don't want to be the instrument in his suicidal plot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i hate to be mean, i really do (not to you of course) BUUUUUUT, that is the owner's fault. i have no idea if you have a dog or if you let ir roam free, but a dog is just not meant to be let loose into the streets. it will get hurt, and innocent people will feel terrible about it.

    this story made my bones ache, but not because of any fault of yours. im sorry it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was driving to work years ago, had my girls in the car with me, and all of the sudden a dog ran into my car. I didn't hit the dog, he hit me! So I pull over to see if he is ok, get out, look around, and don't see it any where. At this point I am turning around in circles trying to find this dog. I turn towards my car only to see the stupid dog sitting on the floor of my car under the stearing wheel!!!! WHAT!!!! Crap!!! Long story longer...I get some help from a runner passing by, she goes & gets who she thinks is the owner. The dog jumps into the back seat of my car with my girls strapped into their carseats. They totally freak out, dog bites the guy (that really isn't the owner) as he is pulling him out of my car. Dog poops all over my car. Call the owners off of the dog tags, they come. Find out that he dented my passenger door so it won't open. Husband fixes it. Dog is fine. Car is fine. Girls are now affraid of dogs!
    Dumb dogs and dumb owners that don't keep them on thier property!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Natalie.....THAT is a story!!!
    I have never had a dog run into my car, but I have had a bicycler guy ride his bike straight into my car. Dented it and left a greasy face print on it for days.
    He messed up his bike too.

    Dumb biker guys that dont open their eyes when they ride....

    BTW, your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?