Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My pet peeves:

Pet Peeve #1:

Conversation used only to talk. No purpose. No Value. It doesn't even fill in the silence. Just because I pass you in the hall or the isle of the grocery store or in the lobby of a common place we both visit, doesn't mean that every time our space intertwines, something...anything.... needs to be said.

Let me demonstrate:

Me walking down the hall of a....lets go with a church. (Hey, I am sure there are a few that would still allow me..)
Here comes someone I know.
I see them often.
It isn't any sort of occasion when I do see them. No need for conversation.
However, something is said to fill the 1 millisecond of silence that will occur as we pass each other...something pointless and stupid like:
"Hey, why you gotta make it snow?"

REALLY?
SERIOUSLY?
I am 33.
And you are...well, of adult age.
I am well aware that I am not the one that makes it snow....or makes it stop.
And considering the venue of which we have just crossed paths....you should know that too. I'm not interested in taking blame, or props from The Man Upstairs.

Pet Peeve #2:

Don't ask ME a question about something that you don't know the answer to, THEN question my answer!!!


Allow me to demonstrate:

Other person that is not me: "Hey Alisa, did you remember to lock the door?"
Me: "yes"
OPTINM: "ARE YOU SURE?"

OH. MY. LORD.

Thinking...thinking...Did I say "Hmmmm...I'm not sure if I locked the door..."?

NOPE

YES I AM SURE!!!
My response is equally parallel to my action.
I KNOW I LOCKED THE DOOR! THAT IS WHY I SAID "YES" WHEN YOU ASKED!!
Here, do this.... you should just ask me if I have ovulated, then when I tell you NO, question that too!

Pet Peeve #3

Call me
I answer
You say "Hang on" or "Hey, I gotta call you back"

No big rant here.
I just get annoyed at that.

Ok, I gotta stop.
I'm gonna stroke out.

Share with me your pet peeves so that I don't have to think that I am impatient, bitchy and irrational.

Off to find some aspirin...


A

3 comments:

  1. LOL! i get irritated with #2 as well.

    my biggest pet peeve EVERRRRRR is when i'm taking a shower, someone knocks on the door, i scream "I'm in the shower!" and that person continues to attempt a conversation with me on the other side of the bathroom door. UGGGGGH, hello?! all i hear is MUMBLING and the sound of running water while my hair is filled with shampoo suds. WAIT until i'm done, shiet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest one that annoys the crap out of me is when Jim leaves his dishes "soaking" in the sink. I'm sorry, but a cereal bowl does not need to soak. The dishwasher is right next to the sink, put the damn bowl away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SNAP!!
    I wish I had a pencil right now so I could snap it! BOTH OF THOSE MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL!!!
    Thanks Toa and Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?