Tuesday, January 24, 2012

if i worked at a restaurant, id be fired.
the time between appetizer and portion of main course is unforgivable. (this is part of the main course...get it?)

so, I'm fat.
if you didn't know that, its true.
im not being all down on myself, this is pertinent to the post.
though, im not as fat as I used to be.

so, as a fat person, I get mostly frustrated with fat fashion.
does the word "fat"make you're uncomfortable? k, ill say plus.
anyway, plus fashion is frustrating.
Soooooooooooo frustrating.

I like to think that I have some sort of idea about fashion and what looks good.
What i DO know, is what DOESN'T look good.

Im sorry if the next few rants offend someone. these are just MY thoughts and they are in no way attached to anyone in particular.

im sure there are people out there that would say "if you don't like plus sized clothes options.....get your body un-plus sized"

derp....and duh.
and, shut your know-it-all, judgmental pie hole... *mmmmmmm....pie.......* (see the humor in that?)
im trying not to be convinced that the people who design clothes for us plus goddesses are mean bitches that are a size 2* when they are bloated, and they are trying to teach us a lesson. you know, punish us.

now, I know this isnt true, but, based off the options out there, its as if these words are being said as the clothes are being conceptualized, and/or made.....
"fat.....er plus sized ladies should love disney characters on their denim shirts....right? I mean, doc and sneezy are cute when they are giving a 'thumbs up' on the chest pocket....right?"
or....
"plus women have a lot on their body they want to hide....so, lets use LOTS of floral. you know, the kind that looks like it smells like bengay, denture glue and green onions."
and quite possibly.....
"aren't plus women just glad to find something that fits? lets put a collar on this shapeless tent and call it a polo. even better, lets put buttons down this mumu and call it a henley ".

listen, I know no one is out to get me. am I my ideal body size? no.
if there is blame to be had regarding my body, does it belong go anyone else? no.

however, I will not apologize for just wanting to have cute, affordable and comfortable clothes to wear.
oh..and who in-thee-hell decided that only females with slender calves should get to wear zip up boots?!!!
THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
can some one tell my why the clothes I see in sizes 9-12 cant be made in sizes 14-32?
yup, more material. i get it.
i will pay you more.

maybe I ask too much. but, i don't think so.

so, who is going to help me start a clothing line for plus sized goddesses?

~a

*i am not saying skinny women are bitches. being skinny, fat, white, black, smart or stupid, doesn't make one a bitch.
but there are many bitches that happen to be skinny, fat, white, black, smart or stupid.

7 comments:

  1. The word "plus" actually offends me more than "fat". I think because I hat PC-ness. ANYHOOO. I will help you start a line! I feel your pain. Fellow fat chicks unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean I HATE PC-ness. Not hat. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I feel the same way about maternity clothing. Which is why I avoided them. I just had to pull my way too tight shirts over my way to big belly and not care if anything fell out. Well, until it started to fall out. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know why they think fat people want to wear old people clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?