Thursday, January 26, 2012

walk-in closet

I need to broaden my music pallet.
Let me tell you what I DONT like to listen to.

Daughtry (Sorry Xazmin)
Nickel Back
Rihanna
Nicky Minaj (i dont even care if thats not how I spell it)

I dont mind country. I used to listen to it a lot when I was in high school and then when I was in college. At Snow. In Ephraim.
For those of you that are not familiar with Snow College or Ephraim, just know this: Turkey Farms.
So, Country music is Ok. But, I have yet to find a country artist or song that I will want to listen to over and over and over.
However, I do believe that as far as the music industry goes, the nicest people are Country Music Artists.

Rant over.

I rarely listen to the radio. I HATE it.
I like to listen to little golden nuggets of "never heard before" music stylings.

So, maybe you are thinking, "Get to the point Alisa. Other than Brandi, who DO you like?"
I know that I could be mistaken for the creepy fan that knows everything from:
* where the stalking victim was born,
*to their blood type,
*to when she shuts her blinds.....

Maple Valley AB negative 7:00. After she has walked her dog.


Oh, knock it off! I'm not serious.

.....


Anyway. So, I like singer/song writer. I like depth in the music. I like it to be REAL music. No keyboards with "weeky weeky, bsht bsht, shicka shicka" fake sounds.

So, here is who I like: (in no particular order, other than the first one. Duh.)

*Brandi Carlile
*The Middle East
*Bon Iver (For those who say Bawn Eye-ver, just some clarification; its Bone I-vear)
*Acorn
*Foster The People (They are the most "weeky weeky, bsht bsht, shicka shicka" I get in my daily music)
*Florence + The Machine
*Ivan and Alyosha
*Mumford & Sons (I was listening to them before it was cool to)
*Ryan Adams

On occasion, I will listen to:
*Phoenix
*LCD Soundsystem
*KT Tunstall
*Civil Twilight
*Spoon


I think that is it. Well, I listen to more. And I like more, but I cant think of who or what.
See?
My musical wardrobe needs to expand and I need to need a walk in closet for it.

Any help? Who wants to help me and be my musical ambassador?
I had a musical ambassador at one point, but I think he quit.
He's been a "no call-no show" for a few months now.

Who do you LOVE to listen to? Over and over and over again.
And then again.

Then once more for the love of it.
Who is it?


Tell me. Right. Now.


~a

oh, and thank you. where are my manners....?

4 comments:

  1. I also went to Snow College and was introduced to country music there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - A) WTH?? Why do you want to hurt me so?
    Next - do you like Lifehouse? They opened for Daughtry, and I sorta think they stole the show. Also, have you listened to any of Due West's stuff? Remember Tim Gate's from High School - his band? I can listen to them over and over. Um, that's all I got. I get most of my music from whatever my son is listening to - so I'm pretty much sure you'll hate everything else I've got on my itunes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listened to much of Tims stuff. I will.
      Right now.
      I follow him on Facebook and he seems to be doing really well.
      Haven't you seen them live when they have been here?
      Were you ever friends with Berta? (his wife, Roberta)

      Delete
  3. Listen to the black keys. I do. Over and over. They are becoming more and more main stream but in the same way that led zeppelin is main stream. It's ok in this case
    Brian

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?