Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here's the truth....

My sister made me very aware of how often I say that.
Here's the Truth...I am already aware of how often I say that. :)

Wanna know why I say that?
Well, cuz I prefer to only speak the truth.

Its my way of keeping me in check.
Making sure that I am, indeed, giving the truth.

So, along the lines of truth...I have decided that I am going to dedicate this blog to my quest to be skinnier, healthier, and HAWTER!

So, I will post my losses, my gains, my struggles, my conquers, my goals and my achievements. (Is that a word?.....it is now)

So.
As of this morning.
Since October 9th 2009
I have lost 57 lbs.
I feel great.
Some of you may not know how though.

I jumped on the HCG wagon.
My sisters and my dad had done it.
Monika lost 70 lbs.
One day Kristin just asked me if I wanted to do it.
See...I had been resistant before.
I had my ideas that supported my resistance.
But it truly changed in a matter of .8 seconds.

Question posed: "Hey, you wanna do this with us this round?"
Question answered: "Sure"

Now, as you read the two sentences, do you see the space between them?
Ya know, between the top one and the bottom one?
Not much room huh?
Well, in this itsy bitsy space lies miles and miles and miles of thought.
All that was processed in the amount of time that the little space represents. (Like I said .8 seconds)

So the question, thought and answer really looked like this:
Question Posed: "Hey you wanna do this with us this round?"
-What will happen if I am hungry?
-Just my luck, I will be the only person on the earth that this will not work for.
-Not only not work for, but have reverse affects. I will gain weight at an amazing speed.
-What if it does work.
-What if I can be skinnier
-What if I can do things that I cant do now
-What if I am happier
-What if my husband is more attracted to me.
-What if OTHER people think I am attractive
-What if Grace follows in my foot steps and is overweight and unhappy
-What if she doesn't.
-Can I do this?
-YES! I can do ANYTHING!
-You are so gonna do this.
-HELL YEAH I AM! And I am going to ROCK IT!!
Question Answered: "Sure"

Let me tell you.
Not easy.
And....not the hardest thing that I have done. Nor will I ever do.

I learned that I am very powerful. I learned that I am the one that is in control...if I choose to be.
I learned that being in control comes with big responsibility. And choosing not to be in control means choosing to let go of responsiblity.

Seriously, I can do anything for 30 days....right?
I can choose to make it the best it can be, or I can choose to rely on my ole trusty excuses, and let things remain as they are.

Well, I chose not to let things remain the same.

So, I look different.
It is obvious.
Some people comment.
Some people dont.
Some people lift me up and let me know how great my progress is.
And some people choose to point out how far I have left to go.
But, whatever.
I am aware that I do this for no one else other than myself.

So I will let this post be the first of the recording the daily (or sumphin like that) trek for me.
Right now I am doing no sugar no starches.
I need to eat at least 1500 calories a day.
I am having a hard time getting that in.

Yesterday, I think I ate 900 calories, and burned 400 at the gym. (BTW...first day at the gym)
Mathematically, it may seem great. But my body freaked out and I had a 3 lb weight gain this morning. So I then freaked out.

On this part of the diet, if you gain more than 2 lbs in the morning, that DAY you have to do what is called a "Steak Day".
What you do on a "Steak Day" is this.
You eat nothing...all day long.
Only drink water.
Then for dinner you have the fattiest 16 oz Ribeye you can find and one whole tomato, raw.
Then magically the weight comes off.
I have yet to find someone that says it doesnt work.

I will let you know in the morning.


aLiSa





2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing wonderful and looking amazing! I am very proud of you! Steak day, huh? That's interesting...I wonder if that would work if you are not doing that diet??? I gained 3 pounds on Friday! UGH! The lady I was cleaning for kept feeding me yummy treats...all day! Good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you! I think it's AWESOME the progress you've made! Weight loss is a hard frustrating journey...you have me for a cheerleader for SURE!

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?