Monday, February 22, 2010

So since i told HCG to to go and eff itself, this blog can no longer be dedicated to my HCG journey.

Unless I lose weight.
Then I will tell you.

However, it will be dedicated to whatever else I want to talk about.

Like this:
Yesterday we had a family get together for my sister Erin and Brother Erik birthdays.
We had a fiesta.
There were Margaritas.

Anna and I were in the kitchen. (she is a GREAT hostess)
We were talking about how much fun we have with our family and how much we love each other.
The whole day I was thinking....
"K, this is cool....cuz its a family get together with everyone that is already part of the family...and everyone that will be part of the family as well"
It was a sneak peek.
A glimpse of what it will be.
How it should be.

I get it.
I may be jumping the gun here.
But then Anna said it first.

yeah, we're talking about Brian and Jason.
The new additions.
Jason belongs to Kristin and Brian belongs to Anna.
Remember me talking about Tyes friend Brian that I love so much?
Well, thats him.

Now, dont think that I set Anna and Brian up.
I surely did not.
In fact, I worked against it.....kinda. Only cuz Anna told me that is what she wanted.
Then she came to her senses.
She is glad she did.
I am glad she did.
I know both Brians are glad that she did too.

Now Kristin and Jason.
Well. Let me tell you what he has done to her.
She is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.
She smiles A LOT!
She is soft, open, and vulnerable.
Not the norm for the not so flattering nick named "ice-princess".
(no lie....but dont worry, she knows this.....im not tellin any secrets)

Both my sisters are being taken care of.
In the ways the everyone wants and deserves.
Kristin....for the first time.
And Anna...in a way she thought she may have lost...forever. But she hasnt.

Some may say that it isnt common to find such love.
But I disagree.
I dont think this kind of love is a miracle.
I think we all have it to give.
We all want to receive as well.
Its just a matter of being open to it.
Or you can choose not to be.

I want to share a video with you.
Most, if not all, of you have seen it.
I posted it on my Facebook.

This is footage that Annas husband Brian Cardall took of them when they were in Peru on there honeymoon.
Brians amazing brother Paul put it to his music.
It is to his song Sweet Escape.
It is such a touching tribute.

After the first 20 times I watched it, I thought "Man, I hope one day I can watch this with out being an emotional mess."
But the truth is....no I dont.
The emotional mess that I am when I watch it is proof to me of my love for Brian and for Anna.
The emotion is sadness, but also joy.
You have to be a robot not to feel the love they have for each other. Not to feel the genuine love that Brian has for people. Not to feel the pure truth in the goodness that he is.
I dont want to be a robot.

***Ok, so since this post, the author of this song and video removed it from You Tube....WTH? Im gonna have to have some words with that man.... :) So sorry. Not here now. But as soon as it is available again, I will post it.****

Test yourself and see......

Sweet Escape


Please....tell me what you think....


in the word of Gracie to her dad over text..... "I Hart you so much!"

Alisa

7 comments:

  1. It was a good get together!! We had fun, It'll be good to get to know "the new additions"! :) I love my family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family get-togethers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I agree, it's not as uncommon as people think...but it's not effortless, and people don't realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love family time and great get-togethers. :) I miss my family and wish I saw them more. They are on the opposite coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JennyMac! Thanks for the comment.
    I shall follow your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just glad you told the HCG diet where to go. Everyone around me is doing it and I'm waiting for the article to come out that says, 'OOPs! Sorry, this might kill you one day. Our bad.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vern-
    I totally understand what you are talking about. However, I did talk to my Dr. and she said whereas the HCG can kick your kidneys butt..(eeekkkk) the extra weight I have carried around, is doing more damage. So, I am grateful for the 55-60 lbs that have come off me. But in no way is this a lifestyle. Nor do I think it should be.
    On a not so HCG note....YAY YOU COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!!! Seriously, I love your posts. I look forward to them daily.

    ReplyDelete

Wait...what? Everyone doesn't bathe in unicorn tears?